Saturday, December 10, 2011

Again with the Macabre


Grimscribe
by Thomas Ligotti

Dust jacket by Aeron Alfrey.
Limited: (sold out)
Trade: (sold out)
ISBN: 978-1-59606-409-6

Hello friends!  My apologies for my long hiatus.  My day job has been overwhelming stressful and it's sapped all of my energy.  I do still manage to keep up the original Book Aesthete, since it takes quite a bit less effort and focus than this one.

So today I shall tell you about about the illustrator of the above book.  Grimscribe, published by Subterranean Press,  is sadly no longer available.  But I was reminded of it today when I ran across a blog entry by the illustrator, Aeron Alfrey

Alfrey is an incredibly talented illustrator who specializes in the macabre.  He curates the blog "Monster Brains" which is an absolute treasure trove of books, illustrations, and various images of monsters and grotesqueries.  He was featured in "The Thackeray T. Lambshead Cabinet of Curiosities" which came out earlier this year, and his work has appeared in numerous books and exhibitions (and the odd album cover, too.)


Illustration from Grimscribe

The reason I bring this up today is that Alfrey is offering a limited run of prints from the book.  Visit his site for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment